Psychological Well being Nursing Program (MH NPR) | of Veterans Affairs
This OAA coaching program is a complete one-year program the place trainees have 100% sheltered time to accumulate abilities and transition from tutorial to skilled atmosphere in a supportive studying oriented atmosphere. This system gives an intensive scientific expertise complemented by skilled growth actions that end in skillfully ready psychiatric psychological well being nurses who present the very best stage of psychological well being care. Graduates might be able to apply wherever within the state of Montana.
Goals of this system
- Profitable transition of PMHNP resident from superior novice to competent nurse practitioner
- Recruit well-qualified psychiatric psychological well being nurse residents with a view to retaining them after finishing their residency applications
- Improve interprofessional collaboration and academic alternatives for PMHNP residents
- Strengthen partnerships between VAMTHCS and affiliated college PMHNPs
- Enhancing the standard of psychological well being companies for Veterans
- Strengthen dedication to nursing as knowledgeable profession selection
- Facilitating dedication to lifelong studying and the usage of evidence-based nursing apply
Utility course of
Thanks to your curiosity within the Psychiatric Psychological Well being Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Program in Helena, MT. This residency is designed for younger nursing professionals with a dedication to serving the veteran inhabitants. This system prepares new NPs to turn into assured and competent specialty care suppliers by offering didactic seminars, supervised and impartial scientific apply, specialty rotations, management coaching, interprofessional simulations, and telemental well being expertise in the course of the 12-month interval. Upon completion of this program graduates will obtain a Residence Completion Certificates. Our program will assist a complete of three residents annually. Utility Hyperlink VA Kind 2850-D
- US citizenship
- Graduate of the Fee on Collegiate Nursing Schooling (CCNE) or Accreditation Fee for Schooling in Nursing (ACEN) accredited psychiatric nurse practitioner program
- Not too long ago graduated from a PMHNP program inside the final 12 months
- Holder of a grasp’s or doctoral diploma with specialization in Psychiatric/Psychological Well being Nursing
- Information of written and spoken English
- Completion of every of the next: drug display, historical past investigation, lab and bodily examination, TB pores and skin take a look at, flu shot, Hep B titer
- Accomplished PMHNP residency utility
- A Letter of Curiosity (not more than two double-spaced pages to incorporate, however not restricted to): Your three most vital skilled objectives – Discussing your expertise with numerous affected person populations—for instance, veteran, susceptible, underserved, or aged populations – How your profession objectives align with the PMHNP position and advancing the occupation
- CV/CV to incorporate every of the next on this order:
- Work expertise
- Analysis and publications (if any)
- Main service
- Life experiences
- Skilled Subscriptions
- “Unofficial” nursing faculty transcripts (official transcripts required after commencement)
- A replica of the newest BLS
- Copy of APRN license (not required with utility however required earlier than starting residency)
- Copy of PMHNP Board Certification (not required with utility however required previous to graduation of residency)
- Three (3) letters of advice*
- One (1) letter from an instructional teacher
- One (1) letter from a professor (a unique particular person from the aforementioned tutorial lecturer)
- One (1) letter from an employer or colleague
* The content material of every letter ought to embody the character of the working relationship with the candidate, the candidate’s work efficiency, the candidate’s interpersonal abilities, and any strengths/skills the candidate would convey to the residency program.
Functions open: February 1, 2023
Utility deadline: Might 15, 2023
Program Begin Date: September 11, 2023
- Acceptance Letters might be despatched by June 1, 2023
Early submission is very really useful.
For eligible candidates, in-person or digital interviews with VA school might be scheduled in April. We’ll contact you in regards to the particular date and time. The letter will embody follow-up directions concerning completion of the Human Sources course of, appointment with particular person supervisors, and Psychological Well being Orientation.
The VA Montana Well being Care System (VAMTHCS) affords an modern 12-month PMHNP Residency. This residency is designed for younger nursing professionals with a dedication to serving the veteran inhabitants. This system prepares new NPs to turn into assured and competent specialty care suppliers by offering didactic seminars, Grand Rounds, supervised and impartial scientific apply, specialty rotations, management coaching, interprofessional simulations, and Telemental Well being coaching in the course of the 12-month residency.
Residents will attend academic seminars at some point per week. Matters could embody: Multitrauma TBI Evaluation and Therapy, Suicide Prevention, Proof-Primarily based Therapy for PTSD, Human Affected person Simulation Academic Experiences, Twin Diagnoses: PTSD & SUD, Cognitive Evaluation of Dementia, Army Cultural Consciousness, LGBT Therapy, Abuse: Above, Underneath and Easy methods to Interpret Drug Testing, Extended Publicity (PE) Remedy, Experiencing Racism as Well being Points, Caring for Older Adults with A number of Advanced Psychiatric Issues, and so on.
Interprofessional Newspaper Membership
Residents from completely different psychological well being disciplines meet as soon as every week to construct interprofessional collaboration by sharing subjects associated to their apply and their very own scientific pursuits.
Scientific rotations could embody Outpatient Psychiatry, Dependancy Psychiatry, Emergency Psychiatry (Entry & Disaster Workforce), Psychiatry Session-Liaison, Main Care/Integrative Psychological Well being Clinic, PTSD Clinic, Intensive Neighborhood Psychological Well being and Homeless Program.
Worthwhile advantages embody;
Residents in our program are thought-about federal interns with a aggressive wage and advantages package deal. Wage relies on the present 12 months’s allocation price. As well as, residents accrue annual/sick go away (break) and different advantages listed beneath:
- Aggressive pay 12 month stipend (anticipated 2023 price $77,796)
- 40 hour day work per week (no nights, weekends or holidays required)
- 100% protected time (not a part of the staffing desk within the unit)
- No dedication to VA after completion of residency program
- Insurance coverage – many choices can be found for medical. Underneath present federal laws, contingent employees (well being professions in coaching) aren’t eligible for imaginative and prescient, dental, Federal Medical Go away (FMLA), or paid parental go away
- Sick and Annual Go away – 1 hour of sick go away for each 20 hours of payroll. Annual go away accrued on the price of 1 hour for each 20 hours of pay for these with lower than 3 years of federal service
For extra data, contact the Graduate Registered Nurse staff at: VHAFHMMNHPR@va.gov
Michael Spinelli, MD – Designated Schooling Officer
Emptiness – Program Supervisor
Roxanne Ore – Administrative Officer